Costumes, candy, a female heroine, Persia, parties, and more. Purim has all the makings for an insanely fun and special family time.
Purim is a Jewish holiday which commemorates the saving of the Jewish people from Haman, an official of the Achaemenid Empire who was planning to have all of Persia's Jewish subjects killed, as recounted in the Book of Esther.
Here's How We Enjoy Purim in our Family:
- Kids get to choose costumes, not forced to do a family theme.
- As long as three square meals are eaten, I don't care how much candy they eat on the actual day.
- Charity is a major part of the Holiday and one we focus on.
- The Seudah or main meal we keep pretty chilled. If we're hosting its easy prep foods, and if we're going out we bring a gift, and leave at a reasonable hour.
- We don't make or send a ton of Shaloch Manos. Your friends know you love them
- We discuss the importance of not getting into a car with anyone that has even had a sip of alcohol, with our teens. We will pick you up no questions asked.
- There are a ton of websites and companies that can print labels for you, and make all or part of your Shaloch Manos
-Plan work, doctor's appointments and review school schedule.
- Create fun thats wholesome like Moonbounces, Magicians etc..
- If you hate driving around all day, make your house the fun one, with good food/activities and invite people over.
- Be organized. See link to printable below.